An Australian Business Visa is a Business Visitor Visa which allows multiple visits to Australia for business purposes of up to 90 days each. It is valid for activities such as attending business meetings and seminars, but excludes paid work. It is valid for 12 months from the date you first enter.
However in other words, the Business Visa allows individuals with experience in business management or potential investors to move and settle in Australia Permanently. The Business Visa category of Australia is an ideal option for investors and those looking to buy or establish a business in Australia.
Under the business migration program, the type of business you operate is your choice. However, you need to ensure that Australia’s legislation does not restrict you from operating your proposed business. You should check that you satisfy any licensing, registration or residency requirements that may be applicable to your business.
The Business Visa Scheme Caters To People Who:
- Are owner or co-owners or pat owners of a business/businesses
- People who have substantial business or investment background who are willing to invest in government bonds in Australia
- Or, are senior executives employed by major businesses who will use their skills to obtain a substantial ownership interest in a new or existing business in Australia and activity in that business at a senior management level.
- One who has substantial business background and capital to invest in Australia
Types Of Business Visas Or Investor Visas
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 188)
- Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 888)
- State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner Visa (Subclass 892)
- State or Territory Sponsored Investor Visa (Subclass 893)
This visa allows you to own and manage a business in Australia, conduct business and investment activity in Australia or undertake an entrepreneurial activity in Australia.
This visa allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
This visa lets certain holders of the subclass 188 visa, the subclass 444 visa or the subclass 457 visa stay permanently.
This visa allows those who have owned and operated a business in Australia for at least two years stay in the country indefinitely.
This visa allows those who have held a designated investment in Australia for four years stay in the country indefinitely.
Australia Business Visa Eligibility
To be eligible for an Australian business visa, the applicant must:
- Be below 55 years of age
- Score at least 65 on Skill Select
- Have a Vocational level of English (or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of three years experience in managing the eligible business or the qualified investment
- Have a successful track record of qualifying business activity or management of the eligible investment.
- Be interested in owning and maintaining a typical management role in an Australian business.
- Valid passport
- Old passports (if any)
- Recent photographs (as per the requirements)
- Completed visa application form (Form 1419)
- Documents showing your purpose of visit
- Proof of funds
- Bank statements (past six months)
- Income tax returns (past three years)
- Property investments (if any)
- Fixed deposits (if any)
- Medical test results
- X-ray examinations
- Personal cover letter
- Travel Insurance
- Proofs of Accommodation
Application Process For Australia Business Visa
Before making any formal application for a business visa, you must apply for a state nomination. To apply for state nomination, you can follow the following three-step process:
Lodge your Expression of Interest through Skill Select and choose your preferred Australian state for the nomination.
Submit an official application for the state or territory by registering as a user and then completing the application process. You may need to submit the following documents:
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Business Innovation stream Nomination Conditions form
- Appointment of an Agent/Representative form (if applicable)
If you propose to undertake export or eCommerce activity, you may have to provide the following evidence:
- Relevant academic qualification/s
- Business experience
- English language competency
In the final step, if you are nominated by your chosen state, lodge a formal visa application. You will receive an invitation by Skill Select to submit an official application for your visa. You will have to respond to the request within 60 days of receiving the nomination.
How ODMIT Will Help You?
We will provide tailored advice for all the steps involved in Business visa and Investor visa applications including:
- Assessing your suitability for a visa under the skilled business migration program
- Analyzing your eligibility for state sponsorship from any Australians state or territory
- Developing a strategy by matching your business or investment background to the most suitable stream and visa subclass
- Assisting you in lodging an Expression of Interest (EOI) via Skill Select
- Advising on how to obtain documentary evidence for your application
- Reviewing your financial documents to ensure they are accurate and suitable for immigration purposes
- Lodging your application timely and accurately