A Canada Tourist Visa is an official document that is attached to your passport issued by Canadian Visa Office. It is an official proof that you have met the requirement either as a visitor, a student, or a worker to enter the country as a Temporary Resident. It is also referred as Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
There are two types of Visitors Visa for Canada:
Single Entry Visa: As the name suggests, Single Entry Visa is a form of visitors visa to Canada that allows the applicants to enter Canada for a period of up to 6 months.
- The applicants are required to apply for this form of visa 6 months before their departure date.
- Suitable for those who plan to travel to Canada for business or for a special event.
- If you want to re-enter Canada, you need to apply for a visitor visa again, even if your visa is valid.
Multiple Entry Visa: Multiple-entry visitor visas are granted for up to 10 years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport or re-entry visa (whichever date comes first).
- Once the Applicant gets a visitor visa, generally, it will be for Multiple Entry. They can come in and out of Canada as much as they want before the visa expires.
- It will be valid for 10 years from the date you receive the visa or one month before the expiry of your Travel document (Passport).
- You can stay in Canada continuously for six months.
- You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry of your visa.
Eligibility Requirements for a Canada Visit Visa
The visa requirements for Canada tourist visa are:
- A valid passport
- Be Medically Fit
- No criminal history or immigration-related convictions
- Proof that you’ll only be staying temporarily in Canada
- Intended duration of your stay and temporary residence
You may also need a:
- Proof of funds to sustain you during your stay
- Invitation letter from someone who lives in Canada
- A hotel booking if you claim that you are coming as tourist
The documents required for Canada tourist visa are:
- A valid and genuine passport with an expiry date exceeding 6 months
- Documents to prove your ties to your nation country
- 2 recent passport size photographs while applying for a Canada Tourist Visa.(The photograph must not be more than 90 days old)
- A sworn affidavit or an invitation letter from your relatives, if you plan to live with them
- Medical clearance certificate
- Photocopy of your return ticket and/or travel itinerary
- Any additional documents required by the local visa office
- Bank statements to prove you have enough funds to live in Canada for a while.
Please Note: Documentation is an important step in applying for a Canadian Tourist Visa.
How To Apply For Canada Tourist Visa?
Step 1 – Applying for a tourist visa to Canada online is simple and convenient, and you get all of the following advantages:
- You won’t have to pay for courier services or wait for your application to arrive in the mail; instead, you can submit it right away.
- Applications submitted online are handled more rapidly.
- Applying online helps avoid delays in the processing of your data.
- You will be notified if your application is incomplete.
- When you apply online, you may make sure your application is complete before submitting it.
- If you need to submit additional papers, you can do so promptly online.
- You don’t have to hand over your passport unless you’re requested to.
- You can check your online account for updates on the status of your application.
Step 2 – Next, you’ll have to provide your fingerprints and a photo after you’ve submitted your Visa application online.
Biometrics are required in most circumstances. Your biometrics will be requested once you’ve paid the required cost and submitted your application. You’ll find instructions in the letter on how and where to submit your biometric data. To provide your biometrics, you’ll have roughly 30 days (in person). Biometrics fees are required to receive an instruction letter.
Step 3 – Once biometrics is completed, your visa application will be reviewed and approved. If your documents are missing, your application will be returned to you and will not be processed.
You may also be required to undergo a medical examination and an interview with officials in your country in order to provide additional information.
The originals of your passport and other documents will be returned following the processing of your application. If your application is accepted, the visa will be inserted into your passport as a stamp. However, in case of a rejection, you will be sent an application to fill out again.
Step 4 – When it comes to entering Canada, a valid visitor visa and travel document do not guarantee that you will be permitted to do so. A primary inspection kiosk will examine your fingerprints to ensure that you are the same person who was permitted to fly to Canada.
Step 5 – If you pass the identification check and meet the entrance requirements, the border services officer will either stamp your passport or tell you how long you are allowed to stay in Canada. In most cases, you can stay in Canada for up to six months.
Canada Tourist Visa Fees
|Visitors Visa – Per Person||100$ CAD|
|Visitors Visa – Family (5 or more)||500$ CAD|
|Extend Your Stay As Visitor||100$ CAD|
|Restore Your Status As Visitor||200$ CAD|
The application fee for a visiting visa is CAD$100 (about 5,200 INR), while the biometrics charge is CAN$85 (about 4,400 INR).
However, a cost of CAD$100 (Rs 5532.73) per person is required to extend your visit as a guest. To restore your status as a visitor, you need to pay a visa fee of CAD$200 or Rs 11065.45.
If all of your paperwork is in order, you may expect a Canada tourist visa to be processed in 15 days. Processing time for a business visa ranges from one to six weeks. It takes 16-20 days to process an application for a temporary residence visa.
How ODMIT can Help?
Match Your Profile: Visa eligibility standards are matched based on your personal history.
Procure Your Documents: Before applying for a Canadian tourist visa, we will assist you in procuring the necessary paperwork.
Expert Guidance: As a visa adviser, we are well-versed in the specifics of the application process for Canada Tourist Visa.
Proof Of Funds: Expert guidance on how to obtain finance and documents
Post-Visa Assistance: When you arrive in Canada, we assist you and help settling in smoothly.
One of India’s most successful immigration experts, our visa services have a success percentage of more than 98.27%. Fast, easy, and economical visa applications can be achieved with the use of this service.