All international students apart from Irish students need to get a visa to study in the UK. A student visa is an official government permit that allows you to enter, stay and study in the UK. There are certain other benefits and restrictions based on the type of student visa.
Students from the European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland were initially exempt from getting a visa, but starting from the 1st of January, 2021 they will also need a visa to study in the UK.
UK Visa Types
UK provides 3 types of Study Visas. These visas are divided on the basis of the course and age of the student.
1. Short Term Study Visa
- You can apply for short term study visa UK if you are doing short term courses in the UK and do not belong to European Economic Area and Switzerland.
- You can do a short term course of study like English Language or a short term research as a part of your degree course
2. General Student Visa (Tier 4)
- You can apply for tier 4 general student visa to study in UK if you are above 16 years of age and have been offered a course, and do not belong to European Economic Area and Switzerland.
- You must speak, read and write English.
- You need to prove your source of payment for both tuition and monthly expenses as per your course.
3. Child Student Visa (Tier 4)
- You can apply for tier 4 dependent visa if you have a place on a course, and have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- You must prove your source of payment for the course and monthly expenses.
- You must not belong to European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Eligibility Requirement For UK Study Visa
The UK government offers all Indian students the option to Study in the UK, but you must first secure a student visa.
The sort of visa you require will be determined by your age and the type of education you desire to undertake in the UK.
To be eligible for a student visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a firm offer of a seat on a course from a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
- To be able to speak, read, write, and understand English, you must be fluent in the language.
- Financial proofs, that is, demonstrate that you have enough money to maintain yourself and pay for your study.
- For a short-term study visa, you must demonstrate your intention to depart the UK within 30 days after the completion of your studies (i.e., before the end of the date of your immigration permission)
As an Indian student with a desire to study in the UK, you are required to provide a set of documents. Our advice would be to maintain a checklist of below-listed documents just so that you don’t miss out submitting any of the documents,
- Student Visa Application Form
- Photograph – size 2 inches x 2 inches
- CAS statement from the Institution (CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
- IELTS / PTE score, if applicable
- Valid Passport
- Visa fees to be paid Online
- Copies of Academic Mark sheets and Certificates
- Work Experience Certificates, if applicable
- Proof of payment of fees, if applicable
- Proof of Funds – Applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient liquid assets to pay the tuition fees, living expenses and travelling cost without engaging in employment in UK. Even Bank Loans are accepted.
- Letter from the sponsor
- Medical Report from an Approved Panel Doctor
Fees For UK Study Visa
|Sr.No.||Type of Visa||Visa Duration||Application Fees|
|1.||Short-Term Study Visa||More than 6 months but less than 11 months||19,369 INR|
|2.||Student Visa||Duration of the program||36,238 INR|
|3.||Child Student||16-17yrs: 3 yrs + 4 months||36,238 INR|
Application Process For UK Study Visa
You will have to follow a few steps that will successfully submit your student visa application for studying in the UK –
STEP 1: Register
- Visit the official Tier 4 student visa application website
- Go through the list of mentioned criterion to check if you are eligible to study in the UK
- Select the country for providing your Biometrics
- Register or Sign Up by providing details in the prompted boxes
- You can complete this step in 10 minutes
STEP 2: Documents
- Sign in and attach documents (please refer to list mentioned above)
- You will need your Passport, Birth, Residence, Funding proof, etc. to proceed with the application
- Provide details about your course such as fee structure, CAS letter, Scholarship details, Student loan details, etc.
This step will require at least 1 hour of your time
STEP 3: Declaration
- Go through the provided details
- Confirm the attached documents and information by clicking on the ‘I agree’ prompt on the form
STEP 4: Payment
- Select and schedule a date to visit the visa application center for further process
- Complete the visa application payment
- You have successfully submitted your visa application!
Make sure to visit the visa application center and prepare for your visa interview accordingly.
How ODMIT Will Help?
Profile Evaluation: Based on your unique profile history, we make matches with the visa eligibility requirements, and advise you with the visas you must apply for.
Resume Writing: We guide you to create a resume that stands out as desired by the concerned immigration authority.
Procuring documents: Help you arrange documents needed before applying for a visa.
Professional guidance: Be it providing you with interview training, French/English courses or working samples for resumes, cover letters or assisting with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates – we will always be there for you.
Dedicated Case-Officer: We offer personal assistance and a single point-of-contact between the company and you, throughout the process
Post-Landing Services: We help you settle down in the country after you’ve received your visa. These services are specifically customized as per your requirements.