USA visitors visa is a tourist visa for the United States of America. It is also referred as B2 Visa. People who wish to visit the United States for the purpose of enjoyment, tourism, or medical treatment can get a non-immigrant visitor visa. A Visitor Visa is available to foreign nationals who wish to travel to the United States for a variety of reasons, including pleasure trips with loved ones, reunions, religious ceremonies, or medical care.
Quick Facts about USA Visitor Visa
- Visitor visa or tourist visa is also known as B1-B2 or B2 visa for USA.
- Visitor visa is subject to approval. You have to apply for and get the visitor visa stamped in your passport.
- Tourist visa is granted for a specific purpose only, like tourism, medical treatment, etc. Person entering the United States on visitor visa should not be involved in study, business, or work. If the purpose of your trip is business, you must apply for US Business Visa (B1 Visa) instead.
- Maximum length of stay in US on visitor visa is subject to grant at a US port of entry on arrival. An extension of maximum 6 months may be possible which is again subject to approval. To request an extension, you will need to submit a visitor visa extension application to USCIS with fee.
Eligibility Criteria For United States
The following are the requirements for obtaining a US tourist visa:
To be eligible for a US Tourist visa, the purpose of your visit should be one of the following:
- Have a holiday in the United States.
- Tour various cities in the United States.
- Visit friends or family.
- Participate in social events hosted by various organizations.
- Visit for medical treatment.
- Participate in events or contests related to music or sports, for which you will not receive payment.
- Enroll in short study courses for which you will not receive credit (ex. cooking classes).
If you do not fall into any of the categories above, then you should look into other types of US non-immigrant visas to see for which ones you qualify.
In addition, you will have to prove that you have enough financial means to cover your stay in the United States and that you intend to return to your home country as soon as your visa expires.
On the other hand, the B1 visa allows you to enter the United States with the purpose of business, contract negotiation, or attending conferences and other business-related events.
- Original Passport and it should have six months validity date after arrival in the USA.
- All old passports.
- Digital and Hard Copy of the photograph as per the defined specifications.
- Interview Appointment letter.
- DS160 US Visa Application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center.
- Payment receipt of the fee paid.
Other supporting documents could include:
- Your travel itinerary.
- Bank Statements and other proof of funds.
- TAX and PAN details along with the previous year tax documents.
- Business Card, if any.
Application Process For USA Tourist Visa
Fill Out the DS-160 Form
Submit your personal details, as well as the reason for your trip. Online submission is required for your US tourist visa application. Upon submission, you will be provided with a verification page and code that you must enter into your document filing.
Pay The Application Fees
The charge for applying for a US Tourist Visa is $160. Other costs may be required depending on your country’s relationship with the United States. These are known as visa issue fees, and they differ by country. You must save the receipts after making the payments and place them in your needed documents file.
Schedule your US Tourist Visa interview
Make an appointment for your interview for a tourist visa in the United States.
All applicants between the ages of 14 and 79 must attend a US Embassy interview. You must make an appointment with the US Embassy in your country of residency to attend this interview. Because of their heavy workload, make sure you plan it as soon as feasible. You will receive an interview confirmation letter after this procedure is completed, which you must bring to the interview.
Compile your B2 Visa Document File
The documents file that you have includes all supporting documents to show the US Embassy that it is safe to give you the visa. You must bring all of the documents to your visa appointment.
Attend the Visa Interview
On the date of your interview, a US Embassy official will ask questions about your background and why you want to go to the United States. They will go through your documents to ensure that everything is in order. The interviews do not last long but make sure to disclose all necessary information to avoid problems later on.
ODMIT specializes in assisting visa applicants throughout the whole process.
How ODMIT Will Help?
Match Your Profile: Visa eligibility standards are matched based on your personal history.
Guided Documents: Before applying for USA tourist visa, we will assist you in procuring the necessary paperwork.
Expert Guidance: As a visa adviser, we are well-versed in the specifics of the application process for USA Tourist Visa.
Proof Of Funds: Expert guidance on how to obtain finance and documents
Highlighting opportunities: Highlighting high-potential opportunities across global industries
Helping you succeed: Be it providing you interview training, French/English courses or working samples for resumes, cover letters or assisting with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates – we will always be there for you.